GST registration process, every individual or company that supplies goods and services has to register under Goods and Service Tax (GST). So, if you run a business with an annual turnover that exceeds Rs.20 lakh (in all Indian states, other than north-eastern states) then you will have to register with GSTN (Goods and Service Tax Network).
Once you have registered under this regime, you will receive a unique GSTIN (Goods and Service Tax Identification Number). The Central Government issues a state-wise, 15-digit number to you once you complete registration. There are many advantages of GST registration including the fact that you will get a legal identity as a supplier. You can also avail input tax credit and collect GST from recipients of goods and services.
Documents Required For GST Registration
Take a look at the documents you will need to upload while apply for GST Registration.
– PAN card of the applicant
– Partnership deed or incorporation certificate
– PAN cards, voter IDs or Aadhaar cards of promoters and/or partners
– Address proof of the business by in the form of an electricity bill, rent or lease agreement or for an SEZ, documents issued by the government
– Bank account statement of the company